Another week, another bunch of thought-provoking articles. Here's some of what we've been reading:
- ColorLines celebrates the U.S.' first integrated all-female band.
- Also at ColorLines, Kai Wright reflects movingly on the still-far-off mountaintop MLK described.
- Jessica Valenti talks about the glorification of basic fathering in The Daily.
- Ms. and NPR each report and discuss Joe Biden's address of sexual assault in schools; what did YOU think?
- Bitch contributor Sady Doyle manages to write smartly (while being, as she puts it, "not-just-totally-mean") about Phyllis Schlafly's influence at Global Comment.
- Bitch Flicks lends their feminist snark to an analysis of Total Film's so-called "40 Greatest Movie Posters" list.
- Futrelle unpacks comic artist Scott Adams' recent douchery—and his bizarre attempts to fix the situation—at Feministe and man boobz.
- Bitch contributor s.e. smith blogs at this ain't livin' about the ageist implications of a younger Miss Marple.
- Vulture goes over the vitriol around Spider Man: Turn Off the Dark and actor Harry Lennix's piece asking why only Julie Taymor is trashed for a show many hands put together.
- In the same vein, 90s Woman looks at the pop phenomenon "Friday" and wonders "WTF is so scary about an ambitious thirteen-year-old girl?" (via feministified)
- Chloe at Feministing speaks out about last week's Slutwalk and the victim-blaming such events protest.
- Greenier at RH Reality Check talks about "Why Insurance Coverage for Abortion Matters;" the piece was then picked up for AlterNet.
- Bad news: Canadian blog Gender Focus is shutting down. At least we'll have Jarrah's upcoming board game projects to follow!
- Liz at Our Turn comments on documentaries about masculinity.
- At Racialicious and Muslimah Media Watch, Diana shares her feelings on the CNN special Unwelcome: The Muslims Next Door.
- On HuffPo, Payne explores how derogatory language feeds classism.
- Miss the queer teen drama South of Nowhere? Heaven knows I do! AfterEllen interviews star Mandy Musgrave about playing lesbians and her new webseries, Cowgirl Up.
- In the <3 files: "Family Dog Keeps Missing Baby Alive Overnight," from Jezebel.
Your turn to share!