Bringing you fine, feminist work from around the web!
- Bitch YA Blogger Jessica Stites follows up on police response to Ms.' petition demanding they apologize for having a woman who reported her rape fined.
- Queerty shares a video and list, "Just In Case You Forgot Why The Family Research Council Is A Hate Group."
- Monica at TransGriot provides a history lesson about the 1921 Tulsa Race Riot. (Trigger warning for discussion of racism and physical violence.)
- Bitch contributor Sady Doyle reports on Friday's protest of last week's shameful "not guilty" verdict at the Raw Story.
- Shakesville's Melissa McEwan comments on the latest fail by the New York Times. (Quotable: "This column smells like barf.")
- Tom at Original Plumbing talks about the Lambda Literary Awards and being an out artist.
- Check out V-Girls' latest project: collecting photo, video and text submissions for the I Am an Emotional Creature workshops they'll be leading with Eve Ensler in South Africa.
- The Guardian reports on author Naipaul's eyeroll-inducing insistence that no woman could write as well as him.
- Feministe's Clarisse gives us the rundown on feminist sci-fi awards!
- Bitch contributor Emily Manuel blurbs about the "fauxtreversy" around baby Storm's biological sex being a secret and the "imposing their ideology" accusation at Tiger Beatdown.
- At AlterNet, Laura Rena Murray explains the wrongheaded practice of police pointing to condom-carrying as evidence of being a sex worker... and the oft-dismissed bill that would prevent it.
- Mother Jones reports on the FIFA soccer scandal.
- WTF? Feministing discusses Cadbury's new ad, which compares Naomi Campbell and a chocolate bar.
Any reactions to the pieces we've shared? What else have you been reading?