This past week. In links!
- In case you didn't know, New York legalized gay marriage. Not only is it just, the Atlantic reports it's good for the economy. Gawker presents photos from the celebration.
- Feministing reports on the beginning of the Women's World Cup. Even if you can't make it there pledge to go to at least one women's sporting event this year.
- AV Club discusses "bad girls" in film and responds to LA Weekly's review of Bad Teacher. Who do you agree with?
- What Tami Said and Shakesville are hosting the My Planned Parenthood blog carnival on July 7. Be sure to show your support!
- Melissa McEwan at BitchFlicks exposes Horrible Bosses' rape jokes trailer. If you were thinking about seeing this movie you may want to think again.
- Colorlines asks "Why do straight white men pose as queer women of color?" Join the discussion.
- Thanks to Autostraddle for pointing me to this great photo gallery of transgender Americans and their stories.
- Blogs for women are bad for women? Jill at Feministe thinks not.
- Georgia Platts at Ms. discusses patriarchy vs. abortion in uneven gender ratios.
- Jezebel shares a plus-size model's perspective on the fashion industry.
- Interesting article from the New York Times about women in the German workforce.
Share your reactions and link of your own!