It's that time of the week!
- Mecca Jamilah Sullivan writes about the media's tragic de-queering of a Harlem youth basketball star.
- Attention activists: The Sylvia Rivera Law Project recently released a guide for trans activists, and those who support trans activists, for staying safe in direct action protests (thanks, @kulandaybarrett!)
- At Ain't This Livin, s.e. smith talks about the responsibility of pop culture analysis and the argument that pop culture is "just entertainment."
- Nadra Kareem Little talks about the mainstream media's lack of coverage on race and the imbalance of representation in the Occupy movement for the East Bay Express.
- Lauren Bruce, Feministe founder, talks teen motherhood, motherhood as a feminist issue and blogging at Pushback.org.
- Collier Meyerson moves past the forehead-slap responses to Cat Marnell's awful Plan B post and looks at the racial and class implications of her screed.
- Jos at Feministing saw the news about the trans health win and talks about how "it's about time" to see trans inclusion.
- Reninaj J at the Crunk Feminist Collective questions the connections between rap and activism, in response to Jay Z's "Occupy All Streets" shirt.
Tell us what you're thinking/reading in the comments down below!