Let's face it, sometimes real life is just the moments between reading blogs.
- "This is what sets Pariah apart from (white) singular-narrative LGBT films; it debunks the myth that life begins and ends between the point of self-acceptance, and a wedding." Spectra Speaks reviews Pariah at Racialicious.
- Ashley Lauren at Feministe picks apart the troubling world of marriage tropes on television.
- Ann Friedman wrote about the troubling media coverage of Malia Obama's height at GOOD.
- Watching a movie with a young one? Here's five tips for discussing problematic portrayals of gender with a child.
- A British psychological study argues that people can't discriminate between language used in pornography magazines and language used by sex offenders.
- Feministing piece has a piece on the yes-it's-real douchebaggery of the Pennsylvania State Liquor Control Board's new victim-blaming ad campaign.
- Indie hip hop artist Jean Grae stopped by at Aisha Tyler's Girl on Guy podcast this week, with hilarious results.
- From the World Is Still Awesome Department: bienvenidos, feministas, experience the "beauty and magic" (real quote) of Feminist Gael García Bernal.
Tell us what you think in the comments!