Here's the news on our radar today:
• Civil rights groups are challening a Texas city's plan to bar child migrants. [Colorlines]
• Where did the phrase "bikini body" even come from? [Slate]
• LGBT groups are changing Christian colleges by creating safe spaces for queer students and awareness about sexual orientations that some school administrations ignore. [The Atlantic]
• The Nation reprinted a moving article James Baldwin wrote in 1979 that deals with the violence in Israel and Palestine. [The Nation]
• Companies that market to women, such as Gap and Estee Lauder, often lack much female participation in company leadership. [Huffington Post]
• Excellent news: The emotional and thoughtful new Jenny Lewis album "The Voyager" can be streamed in its entirety this week through NPR's First Listen. [NPR]
What did I miss? Add what you're reading to the comments.