Here's all the news on our radar today!
• Not all same-sex couples want to get married just because it's legal. In fact, many gay couples are remaining conscientious objectors to the institution of marriage. [New York Times]
• Here's a guide for gender inclusivity aimed at cisgender people, starting with an explanation of the term and ending with a call to action. [Medium]
• China's preoccupation with tropes of the shengnü ('leftover woman') and the BMW lady reflect societal upheaval caused by a rapidly shifting economy, and Western news coverage of these social trends is equally problematic. [The New Inquiry]
• A new painting in the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery pays homage to the women of the Supreme Court. [Huffington Post]
• When low-income people spend money on status symbols, these purchases are often criticized as being a waste of money, butenacting status or wealth is part of a survival strategy that pays rewards that are hard to measure. [TressieMC]
• Artist David Trumble created 'princessified' versions of ten real-life role models to show how "unnecessary it is to collapse a heroine into one specific mold." [Women You Should Know]
What did I miss? Add your links to the comments.