Morning Bitch readers! Here's some news to start of your day.
- Ok, so Jorge Bergoglio is the first Pope elected from a Latin American country, and apparently he rides a bus instead of a limo, but is he any more progressive than his papal predecessors? Unfortunately, it seems like he isn't. [Alternet]
- Ever wonder where the bi women of color are in black and women's history? QWOC Media Wire profiles the hidden B in LGBTQ. [QWOC Media Wire]
- According to this article in The Atlantic, not only is racial profiling a danger to a person's legal rights, but it's a danger to their health. [The Atlantic]
- Thanks to sexism, JT gets it easy. But if he were a woman, the media would probably treat him like a social pariah. [Vulture]
- It looks like the White House might finally be taking the statistics on domestic violence seriously.[Whitehouse.gov]
- Check out this project to bring dozens of African women writers to meet in Ghana. [Ms. Magazine]
- Outraged at the University of North Carolina's threat to expulse a student survivor of rape for trying to seeks justice? Add your name here. [WatchDog]
That's all for today! Stay tuned.