Here's some news for your Tuesday!
- Joshunda Sanders writes about Oscar nominee Django Unchained, her expectations about Tarantino, and Kerry Washington's role. [Bitch Flicks]
- A woman in Pitsea, England tried to attend her disability hearing but was turned away...because she was in a wheelchair. [Echo]
- Shay Stewart-Bouley reflects on microaggressions, privilege, and the vile audacity of the man who recently slapped a child and used a racial slur on an airplane. [Black Girl in Maine]
- Starting February 25th, C-SPAN is going to run a year-long series of documentaries on the First Ladies of the United States, from Martha Washington to Michelle Obama. [BUST]
- Problematic coverage of the Reeva Steenkamp murder is only making a tragic story worse. Here's a look at why articles that put her looks and status first completely miss the point. [xoJane]
- Youngest Oscar-nominee ever Quvenzhané Wallis talks to CNN about her acting career. [Colorlines]
Post your links in the comments!